Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Re-evaluation: Helpful or Harmful?

*Phew*.....Well, it's been awhile since I've taken the time to immerse myself in a post.....we all know that for me its a time commitment since I tend to be very wordy and detailed in describing my thoughts, opinions, etc. As for thoughts, they have been scrambled, along with previous views and opinions, as I embarked on the  most recent whirlwind adventure life adventure, that being my scary first semester of college. Now as finals have wrapped up and final grades have been released, us students are gladly welcoming in the winter break and the down time to relax and re-coop before the spring. Unfortunately, I have no car for the time being and when not able to obtain a ride, have spent a majority of my break at home. No complaints though, what could be better than catching up on your favorite shows and reading (God knows I never have time to do any of this during the semester)? I'm not even ashamed to admit that I am currently re-reading Fifty Shades of Grey, problem number one of a broke college student being that I ran out of Amazon credits for my kindle and am resorting to rereading what I already have. While reading, I was surprised when Christian Grey pulled out this specific quote from Carnegie: "A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled". It struck me, as simply, an outline, or better yet a formula, of the highly sought after secrets to success. It's a classic mind over matter deal, you can achieve what you want in life as long as you have the strength of personal perseverance to accomplish your set-out goals. In lieu of freshman year, my focus point being on recent grades and healthy diets going down the tubes (well, more the diet than the grades, I actually made a high GPA as an engineer that I don't mind but would like to improve next semester), I  have decided to take on this new Christian Grey philosophy and apply it to my own lifestyle. Entering spring semester I would love to have dropped the gross freshman fifteen I gained, due to too many appealing and unhealthy options in the dining hall for a weak minded girl, and have a mind-set geared towards greater focus on school and studying. I've got the tools for success, now I just need to properly utilize my skills so I can succeed. To measure my success by the end of this journey, I would like to be able to successfully run a half marathon and have a GPA above a 3.4. I'm taking full possession of my mind, now sit back and watch to see the results. ~~~~~It's All Gravy Baby, Life's Lovely~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment